Tuesday, October 20, 2009

thesis background

So I realize I never wrote about my thesis. Well in a nutshell, it's about suburbia. I wanted to make my photos sad, because I feel like growing up in Detroit suburbia, I got a different experience than any other suburban landscape. Detroit is falling apart, Michigan is falling apart. So. Sad pictures. I'll probably post examples of my inspiration later...

As I started shooting, I started concentrating on natural and man-made elements interacting. But, I guess I just want a lot of pictures, a lot of different details. We'll see how it evolves.

Also, I am concentrating on how certain songs enhance environment, like I was planning on making my thesis class a mix CD of songs that are important to me, or that give me the feeling that I want to portray in my photos. and this song is important right this second.

No comments:

Post a Comment